Homemade Holiday Letter
Update friends and family by creating handmade holiday letters.
By: Tracy Sisson
Thoughts of the holidays conjure fond memories of the dozens of cards and holiday letters received over the years from loved ones. This year spread the joy with a handmade holiday letter. Let everyone know what you’ve been up to this past year. They’ll love reading your letter while enjoying your unique card.
Materials and Tools:
8-1/2" x 11" chocolate brown cardstock
8-1/2" x 11" cream cardstock
8-1/2" x 11" red cardstock
8-1/2" x 11" pink cardstock
lime green ribbon
pre-made felt holiday stickers
1. Using your computer, print your letter on cream cardstock.
2. Trim printed letter to 8" x 10-5/8". Center and glue onto brown cardstock.
3. Fold the letter in half.
4. For the card's exterior, trim red cardstock to 5-1/2" x 3" and pink cardstock down to 5-1/2" x 2-1/2".
5. Center and glue the strip of pink cardstock onto the red strip. Glue pink and red cardstock to the front outside flap of the card.
6. Cut, layer and glue the green ribbon to the outside front flap, crossing the ribbon over the layered red and pink cardstock. Finish the card's exterior by attaching a felt holiday sticker.
7. Attach sequins to the interior of the card with craft glue, scattering them in a random pattern to accent your letter. Finish by adding a felt holiday sticker.
Candy-Filled Paper Cornucopias
Sweeten Christmas by filling these festive and easy-to-make paper horns with candy.
Hand-Painted Christmas Ornaments
It's easy to create personalized holiday ornaments with a bit of paint and imagination.
How to Make Cardboard Tube Snowflakes
Hang shimmering cardboard snowflakes on your Christmas tree.
Personalized Stamp Kit and Stationery
Create a handy gift for personalizing stationery or other paper goods.
How to Make a Holiday Star Sun Catcher
Jennifer Ormiston shares her glass-etching process for her star sun catcher.
Follow these steps to decorate your yard for Halloween.
How to Make a Silver Clay Origami Crane Ornament
Fold a clay origami crane to hang as a decorative ornament in a window or on a holiday tree.
Silver Tinsel Christmas Wreath
Shatterproof ornaments make this a sparkling and fun holiday wreath that can weather the elements and will look good for many years to come.
How to Make Folded Paper Rosettes
Use this basic technique to turn scrapbooking paper, wallpaper or colored cardstock into a festive decoration.
Holiday Accents Made From Household Items
Unique ideas for decorating for the holidays by repurposing materials you already have around the home.
We're serving up the latest news, gorgeous style, crafty DIY projects, clever entertaining tips and more. Consider these your design digests.