Home Theater Platform Seating
A raised-seating platform wrapped in plush fabric help turn a TV room into swanky home theater.
Tools and Materials:
2x12s nailed together to form an 4’ x 8’ frame
3/4” sheet of plywood - cut to size of desired platform
1. Cut the 2x12s down to create the frame for the platform.
2. Nail the plywood to the top of the platform.
3. If your platform does not sit level because your floor is uneven, use bolts to raise one side of the platform. Drill holes in the bottom of the platform where the extra height is need and insert nuts.
4. Insert bolts into nuts and adjust bolts until the platform sits level on floor.
5. Staple upholstery fabric to the top of platform.
6. Staple skirt fabric around the sides of the platform. Lay the fabric face down along the edge of the platform. Staple the underside of the fabric to the platform then fold over the fabric so the staples won’t show.