Holiday Accents Made From Household Items
Unique ideas for decorating for the holidays by repurposing materials you already have around the home.
- To make a snowman, drill holes into a dessert, salad and dinner plate using a ceramic drill bit and attach each with wire. Hot-glue buttons onto the plates to create the face and stitch a piece of fabric into a cone shape for the hat.
- Sandwich a card between two pieces of Plexiglas cut to the size of the card. Secure the edges with metallic tape then hot-glue wire to the top for a hanger.
- Decoupage black and white copies of family photographs onto round ornaments.
- To make a pine cone garland, drill holes through each and string with floral wire. Alternate the cones with gold-painted craft beads for a more elegant decoration.
- Place decals on a glass candleholder and apply a layer of etching compound to create a stenciled design.
- Turn an antler into a candlestick by drilling directly into the antler, attaching candle cups and applying silver leaf.
Spread the holiday cheer to your front porch with this easy-to-decorate mini Christmas tree. A few handmade touches make it special.
Create playful Christmas stockings out of faux fur.
Show your holiday spirit without busting your budget with these ideas.
With a set of alphabet stamps and bakeable clay, your favorite holiday saying can become a modern, colorful ornament.
Breathe new life into last year's holiday cards by reinventing them as this season's Christmas tree garland.
Stylishly bring the outdoors in by creating a garland made of small pinecones and red yarn, then drape it over your mantel, Christmas tree, or down the length of the dining table for an understated festive touch.
Layer ribbon and fabric trims to create a colorful pinata-inspired handmade Christmas card.
Wrap a pretty box with a budget-friendly paper doily then top with a handmade yarn pom-pom for an easy but impressive wrapped holiday gift.
This sophisticated card is sure to impress family and friends. Everyone appreciates a handmade card, and our exclusive printable templates make creating one a snap.
A pinecone adds texture and a sophisticated natural touch to this charming handmade holiday card.