Handmade Cupcake Card
Tell someone special they're sweet with this charming handmade card.
Materials and Tools:
card stock (pink, cream and white)
slider tag die-cut
2 coordinating patterned papers
needle and thread
markers in assorted colors
optional: patterned papers with which to piece the cupcake image
1. Cut cream card stock for card 4-1/4" x 11" then score and fold at 5-1/2". Cut pink card stock to 4-1/8" x 5-3/8". Cut patterned dotted paper to 4" x 5-1/4", then coordinating floral paper to 2-1/2" x 4". Round all lower edges with a corner-rounder punch.
2. Stamp cupcake onto white card stock and color the image with markers. Tip: Alternately, stamp cupcake image onto coordinating patterned papers, trim carefully, then piece the cupcake together on a card-stock base.
3. If desired, embellish patterned papers with colored markers and dots of pink sparkle glue to better coordinate with colors of cupcake image.
4. Glue pink paper to card front, top with polka-dot paper. Glue floral-patterned paper to pink paper and stitch along top edge of paper.
5. Using needle and thread, attach button to the top of cupcake. Stamp "sweet as can be" sentiment on a die-cut ribbon slider tag. Tie a pink ribbon around the card front, attaching the sentiment tag. Mount cupcake on floral paper. Finally, add a touch of sparkle to the scallop above the cupcake paper with a glue pen and glitter.