Handmade Christmas Advent Calendar Sacks
- old tablecloth or pretty curtain material
- scissors or pinking shears
- cotton needle and thread or sewing machine
- eco-friendly marker pen
- 24 lengths of garden twine or string, each about 12 1/2” long
- treats to fill each sack
- Download: Advent Calendar Pattern
Using the template, cut the cloth into 48 sack shapes. Then cut 24 small squares of fabric, each about 1 1/4 by 1 1/4 inches in size.
Align two sack shapes, correct sides facing inward. Sew three sides together. Leave a seam of 1?2 inch. Repeat with the other shapes.
Mark a day of Advent, from one to 24, on each fabric square. Make a hole in the top corner of each square, thread through the twine, and knot it.
Fill each sack with a few treats, and then tie the twine around the top to seal the sack. Secure the ends in a loop and hang from the tree.