Grapevine and Evergreen Holiday Wreath
Create a festive holiday wreath of grapevine and evergreen for welcoming guests to your home.
Materials and Tools:
large grapevine wreath (26" to 30" diameter)
3' to 6' artificial evergreen garland
2" wide wired red ribbon
shiny eucalyptus sprigs
7 red berry sprigs
pine cones (scented or unscented)
assorted sprigs of contrasting seasonal greenery
1 35-light strand of red Christmas lights with a green electrical cord
1 small grapevine ball
1 medium grapevine ball
1 large grapevine ball
fine gauge wire
- Wrap garland around base of grapevine wreath. Arrange the evergreen branches for a more natural look as you wrap. Next, insert small sprigs of contrasting seasonal greenery to break up the texture of the evergreen garland.
- Wrap lights over garland, tucking cord between branches. Wrap so that the plug is positioned behind wreath at the bottom.
- Tie red ribbon to the grapevine wreath to secure it. Then weave ribbon through the garland.
- Wire grapevine balls to the wreath.
- Finally, tuck in red berry sprigs, eucalyptus sprigs and pinecones. If necessary, attach them with wire.