Glittering Glass Balls
Materials and Tools:
several colors of plain glass ornaments
glue with a fine tipped dispenser
several colors of glitter in shades to contrast ornaments
soft bristle paint brush
paper plate or piece of paper
empty egg carton, spray paint lids or something else to rest painted balls in as the dry
1. Working in small sections, draw patterns (polka dots, stripes or words) onto glass balls with glue.
2. Over a piece of paper or paper plate, sprinkle glitter over glue, making sure to cover glue completely. Tip: Do one color of glitter at a time, allowing the ornament to dry between embellishments to make handling the ornament less messy.
3. Lightly tap ornament to remove excess glitter. Continue adding patterns with glue and covering glue with glitter until ornament's decoration is complete. Lift and fold piece of paper or paper plate and tip leftover glitter back into container.
4. Rest the decorated ornament in an empty egg carton or spray paint lid and allow the glue to fully dry.
5. When dry, use a soft paint brush to brush off excess glitter.