Embellish an evergreen garland with frosty tones of silver and pink to add a whimsical touch to your Christmas decorations.
Materials and Tools:
6' artificial evergreen garland
white Christmas lights with a green cord
silver spray paint
silver pine cones
pink, silver and gray ornaments
pink curly sprigs
silver leaf sprigs
2 yards gray dupioni silk
thin gauge wire
silver wired ribbon
1. Lightly spray paint evergreen garland silver, concentrate paint on the tips of greenery to give it a frosted look.
2. Weave Christmas lights through garland, making sure that the electrical cord is located on an end that will be most convenient for plugging the garland into an outlet.
3. Cut gray silk into six to eight inch wide strips. Loosely weave fabric strips through the garland like ribbon, attaching them to garland by tying off at the ends.
4. Make a large bow by creating six large ribbon loops, wrap loose end of ribbon around center of bow and tie off. Attach bow to center of garland.
5. In center of bow, wire on silver pinecones and assorted glass ornaments.
6. Working from the center, continue adding ornaments, silver leaves and pink curly sprigs to each of the garland's sides; wiring the decorative elements to the garland as you go.
Follow these steps to decorate your yard for Halloween.
How to Make a Holiday Star Sun Catcher
Jennifer Ormiston shares her glass-etching process for her star sun catcher.
How to Make Folded Paper Rosettes
Use this basic technique to turn scrapbooking paper, wallpaper or colored cardstock into a festive decoration.
Holiday Accents Made From Household Items
Unique ideas for decorating for the holidays by repurposing materials you already have around the home.
Candy-Filled Paper Cornucopias
Sweeten Christmas by filling these festive and easy-to-make paper horns with candy.
Hand-Painted Christmas Ornaments
It's easy to create personalized holiday ornaments with a bit of paint and imagination.
How to Make Cardboard Tube Snowflakes
Hang shimmering cardboard snowflakes on your Christmas tree.
How to Make a Silver Clay Origami Crane Ornament
Fold a clay origami crane to hang as a decorative ornament in a window or on a holiday tree.
Personalized Stamp Kit and Stationery
Create a handy gift for personalizing stationery or other paper goods.
Silver Tinsel Christmas Wreath
Shatterproof ornaments make this a sparkling and fun holiday wreath that can weather the elements and will look good for many years to come.
We're serving up the latest news, gorgeous style, crafty DIY projects, clever entertaining tips and more. Consider these your design digests.