Garden Stationery Set
Grace Taormina creates a garden stationery set.
Materials and Tools:
Delta FabriCraft Peel "n" Stick Fabric
- 1 roll Garden Collage 650091865
- 1 roll Garden Script 650707865
- 1 roll Garden Rattan 650121865
- 1 roll 1/2" solid yellow trim 650590565
- 2 rolls 1" Garden Script trim 650571065
2, 7-1/2" x 10" pieces black illustration board
black card stock
green mulberry paper
8-1/2" x 11" ivory cardstock
5-3/4"x 8-3/4" ivory envelopes
large and small manila tags
Note: Please review all product package instructions before beginning this project.
1. Cut a 16"x 12" piece of Garden Rattan fabric. Remove adhesive cover and lay sticky side up.
2. Center 2 pieces of illustration boards (10-inch sides together) in the center of the Garden Rattan fabric. Leave 1/8-inch space in between the boards. Fold selvage at the top and the bottom. Trim corners and fold down side selvage.
3. Cut a 19" x 6" piece of Garden Script fabric. Make sure script runs horizontally along the length of the fabric.
4. Cover the un-covered area with Garden Script fabric.
5. Cut two 14-inch pieces of yellow solid trim. Cover the side horizontal seams between the Rattan fabric and the Garden Script fabric with yellow solid trim.
1. Cut two 7" x 4" pieces of card stock.
2. Cut a 16" x 8-1/2" piece of Garden Script fabric making sure the script runs horizontally. Remove adhesive back and place sticky side up on the table.
3. Center the card stock pieces side to side with short sides together on the Garden Script fabric.
4. Fold the top and bottom edges around completely covering the card stock.
5. Trim extra fabric edges with scissors.
6. Cover top edge with solid yellow trim. Leave 1/4-inch overhang on top to roll around to the back. Trim extra ends with scissors.
7. Align covered cardstock to the bottom side of the inside covers leaving 1/2-inch gap from the bottom edge.
8. Cut a 14-inch piece of Garden Script ribbon. Use ribbon to attach the bottom edge of the cardstock to the inside covers.
9. Use garden script trim to adhere the pocket to the cover. Start at the top of one end, cover sides, wrap around the bottom and the other side. Cut trim so that it overlaps slightly at the top corner. This will cover all exposed seams and form a pocket for the stationery.
1. Fold 8-1/2"x 11" cardstock to create cards.
2. Cover cardstock with Garden Rattan fabric.
3. Cut a piece of Garden Collage fabric into a rectangle roughly 4-1/2"x 3-1/2" using deckled edged scissors.
4. Tear pieces of mulberry paper approximately 1/2' x 4-1/2".
5. Align strips at the bottom and the top of the fabric with a 1/4-inch overhang.
6. Adhere to the front of the greeting card.
7. Cut out a butterfly and leaf from Garden Collage fabric and adhere to the card.
1. Cut 6-1/2" x 4" piece of Garden Rattan fabric with deckled scissors.
2. Adhere Garden Rattan fabric to the center of the card.
3. Cut elements from Garden Collage fabric to adhere to the front of the cards.
Decorate tags with cut fabric squares. Thread jute cording through the tag holes and trim with wooden beads.