Fused-Glass Dichroic Pendant
Learn how to create a one-of-a-kind pendant by using fused glass.
Project by Hadley Rowland from Alexandria, Va.
Materials and Tools:
silver bezel wire
1. Select base glass color from bullseye glass.
2. Draw shape on glass with permanent marker.
3. Score glass to cut and break glass with pliers or hands. Remember to wear safety glasses.
4. Cut top clear piece of glass a little larger than bottom piece.
5. Select dichroic glass. Draw shape and cut to size as above.
6. Place dichroic on top of base glass.
7. Cut small pieces of dichroic stringer and place on top of base glass.
8. Add a bit of glue to keep stringers in place. Place glass onto kiln shelf.
9. Cut small piece of wire and curl to make loop. Place wire in between base and dichroic glass layers.
10. Place top clear piece on glass.
11. Fire the piece. Remove from kiln and let cool.
How to Make an Etched Copper Bowl
Etch a eucalyptus-leaf sgraffito design into a copper bowl for a unique piece of pottery.
How to Weave a Decorative Copper Wire Basket
Weave copper wire into a decorative basket embellished with polymer clay beads.
How to Sculpt a Ceramic Pear
This realistic ceramic pear project features rich glaze highlights.
Four Wrapped Paper Projects
In this project, James Bertelson makes delightful wrapped-paper items from Japanese handmade papers, including a wrapped cigar box, accordion book, matchbox and greeting card.
How to Make Stitch-and-Gather Ribbon Flowers
This U-gather technique allows you to make several different ribbon flowers such as roses, violets, pansies and poppies.
Make an Indigo-Dyed Market Tote
Hit the farmers’ market in style with a cool, custom tote. These indigo-dyed tote bags make for endless possibilities of pattern and style, so grab your materials and make one for everybody you know!
How to Make a Mosaic Leaf Mirror
Sculpt leaves from clay and use them to decorate this mosaic tile mirror.
How to Make a Leather Journal
Use basic bookbinding techniques and stamping to create this trim, professional leather journal.
How to Make a Wire Bookmark
Bend and shape wire into a flower pattern to create a stylish bookmark.
How to Make a Pressed Flower Coaster Set
Avoid watermarks on your living room tables with these easy to make pressed flower coasters.
We're serving up the latest news, gorgeous style, crafty DIY projects, clever entertaining tips and more. Consider these your design digests.