Floral Mailbox Arrangement
Add an autumn-inspired floral spray to make every piece of mail a special delivery.
Materials and Tools:
green Spanish moss
floral or drapery pins
4 branches of autumn leaves
2-4 branches of berries or small flowers
2 large sunflowers
1. Take the flat floral hugger and cover the foam with the green Spanish moss. Use the floral pins to hold it into securely into place.
2. Cut the stems down on the autumn leaf branches and stick the end of the branches into one side of the foam base. Repeat on other side.
3. Stick the berries or small flowers into the foam, arranging them on top of the leaves. Repeat on other side.
4. Add the sunflowers into the top of the foam, using scissors for a starter hole. Push the stem of the sunflower into the hole and arrange it for desired look.
5. To add extra texture, cut the stem of the seed pods and insert into foam.
6. Use the extra leaves from the sunflower stem to fill in the exposed areas of the foam. Attach with floral pins.
7. Bend the floral hugger and the branches into the shape of your mailbox. Place it gently on top of the mailbox.
The Siberian iris flourishes in a rich, moist soil and blooms in the spring.
Create a Tower of Climbing Annuals
Some feature plants are best grown in pots where they are much easier to view and care for, and you can put them at center stage. These morning glories (Ipomoea purpurea) grow very quickly from seed sown in the spring.
Mum's the Word
Classy and so flashy, mums could be the answer to a drab garden.
This delicate perennnial with daisy-like blooms is great as a perennial border.
Gardeners can grow their own Indian corn to eat or use as decoration for the holidays.
Hellebores: Winter's Delight
Richly colored flowers, beautiful evergreen foliage and a tough nature has made the Lenten rose a favorite.
How to Plant Springtime Bulbs
Give your lawn and garden spaces new life with these colorful design tips for planting bulbs.
When to plant strawberries and how to prep for them during winter.
Winter Glow Container Arrangement
Fill a planter with a beautiful arrangement that will keep its color all winter long.
Learn more about the goldenrain tree and its environment.
Sign up for the HGTV Inspiration Newsletter.
We're serving up the latest news, gorgeous style, crafty DIY projects, clever entertaining tips and more. Consider these your design digests.