Floating Cranberry Centerpiece
Create a festive Christmas centerpiece by grouping glass containers filled with cranberries and floating candles.
Materials and Tools:
3 glass containers of varying shape and height
red food coloring
fresh or artificial cranberries
sparkly red floral netting (available from floral supply and some craft stores)
medium and large red floating candles
red berry garland
1. For this holiday centerpiece, we filled three glass containers of different heights and shapes with red elements, water and floating candles. Feel free to substitute any natural or artificial element to your arrangement. If you're adding an element that you want to fill the bottom of the container, such as the floral netting or berry garland. Place this in the container before adding water.
2. Add water to container then add drops of red food coloring until the water has reached the desired shade.
3. Float fresh or artificial cranberries on the surface of the water. Tip: Roses or other fresh flowers would also be a good choice.
4. Finally, add both large and medium floating candles. Use holiday scented candles, such as cinnamon or gingerbread if you want to add a seasonal scent to the room.
5. Place the three glass containers together in a grouping on a dining room table, entry table or sideboard to add a festive touch of red to your holiday decorations.