Floating Cranberry Centerpiece
Create a festive Christmas centerpiece by grouping glass containers filled with cranberries and floating candles.
Materials and Tools:
3 glass containers of varying shape and height
red food coloring
fresh or artificial cranberries
sparkly red floral netting (available from floral supply and some craft stores)
medium and large red floating candles
red berry garland
1. For this holiday centerpiece, we filled three glass containers of different heights and shapes with red elements, water and floating candles. Feel free to substitute any natural or artificial element to your arrangement. If you're adding an element that you want to fill the bottom of the container, such as the floral netting or berry garland. Place this in the container before adding water.
2. Add water to container then add drops of red food coloring until the water has reached the desired shade.
3. Float fresh or artificial cranberries on the surface of the water. Tip: Roses or other fresh flowers would also be a good choice.
4. Finally, add both large and medium floating candles. Use holiday scented candles, such as cinnamon or gingerbread if you want to add a seasonal scent to the room.
5. Place the three glass containers together in a grouping on a dining room table, entry table or sideboard to add a festive touch of red to your holiday decorations.
Christmas Ornament Topiary
Create an inexpensive and simply chic candle holder to add a bit of Christmas cheer to your holiday table.
How to Create a Snowy Candle Centerpiece
Create a simple, elegant and frosty candle centerpiece with champagne flutes, crystal garland and glass balls to illuminate your winter table.
New Year's Eve Cookie Centerpiece & Favors
These countdown cookies are just as fun for a New Year's party centerpiece as they are for your guests to take home as favors.
Jute-Covered Monogram Wreath
Personalize your door for fall with this gorgeous DIY craft-store wreath.
Enchanting Ice Vases
Create ice vases to add a glittering, frosty touch to your home's holiday decor.
How to Make a Glittery Snowflake Twig Wreath
If you want to make unique decorations for the holidays, try this glittery snowflake twig wreath. Follow the instructions by Colleen A. McGinty to learn how to make it.
Green Centerpiece for a Holiday Table
Create a chic, low centerpiece to add a touch of sparkle to your holiday table decorations.
Square Feathered Holiday Wreath
Add a non-traditional touch to your holiday decorations by creating your own square wreath covered in pheasant and brightly colored feathers.
How to Make a Funky Christmas Tree
This isn't your average Christmas tree. Follow these instructions by Melony Bradley to make your own funky tree.
How to Make Star Twig Candle Frames
Line a walkway for the holidays with this beautiful design.
We're serving up the latest news, gorgeous style, crafty DIY projects, clever entertaining tips and more. Consider these your design digests.