No-Sew Fairy Wings
Rosemary Kimble was living in Atlanta and making costumes when she paid a visit to New Orleans and immediately felt at home. So she packed up and relocated and now her costumes are a big hit during Mardi Gras. This fairy-wing project brings home the fun.
Materials and Tools:
sheer stretchy fabric
hot glue sticks and glue gun
16-gauge galvanized steel wire
- Use your hands and pliers to form wing shapes out of 16-gauge galvanized steel wire.
- Tie elastic onto the wings for attaching to the body once the project is finished.
- Cover the form with stretchy lightweight fabric, one wing at a time. Take care to glue around elastic while stretching material across each wing
- Glue on alternating sides until each edge of wire has fabric stretched across and glued to it.
- Embellish edges of wings with marabou and trim.
- Glue on rhinestones with fabric glue.