Fabric Candy Cane Cone Treats
From: DK Books - Greener
For each decoration:
- a piece of cream felt
- recycled fabric for lining
- cotton thread and needle or sewing machine
- colored embroidery thread for sewing around the rim of the cone
- knitting needle
- a short length of recycled ribbon
- vintage or recycled button
- red wool (optional)
- a length of wire approximately 20" long
- Download: Candy Cane Cones Pattern
Cut one cone shape from the felt and one from the lining fabric. Align and pin the fabric shapes together, correct sides facing inward.
Stitch the short edges together. Fold lengthwise, correct sides facing inward. Stitch the curved edges together, leaving the lining half unsewn.
Turn the fabric inside out through the gap in the lining using a knitting needle. Leave a band of lining showing at the top of the cone.
Sew around the rim to hold the lining in place. Decorate with a ribbon and button, or sew on red wool spots. Attach the wire at either side. For a more rustic effect, wrap the piece of wire around your finger and into a coil first before attaching it to the cone.