Elegant Autumnal Centerpiece
Add a sophisticated touch to your Thanksgiving table with a centerpiece that includes fresh fruit and flowers.
By: Leah McCall
Materials and Tools:
footed cake stand
cherry brandy roses (yellow roses with orange tips)
burgundy kangaroo paw
black magic roses (burgundy roses)
Note: The amount of materials needed depends on the size of the container and desired fullness of the arrangement
1. Lay cake stand upside down on dry floral foam and cut around edges of cake stand. Cut floral foam so it is three to four inches tall. Place cut foam in a sink filled with water and allow it to soak up moisture until fully saturated. Tip: Don't try to speed up the process by pushing the foam into the water, this will create dry spots in the foam.
2. Place the now-saturated floral foam on top of the cake stand. Secure it with floral tape placed in criss-cross fashion across the foam, the ends of the tape wrapping approximately one-half inch under the top of the cake stand. Cover foam with sheet moss.
3. Cut wooden skewers to the desired length. This will probably be between two to three inches depending on the placement of the persimmons. Slide skewers one-half to three-quarters inch into persimmons and add persimmons to arrangement.
4. Creatively place roses, peonies and hydrangeas. Fill in any gaps with pieces of sheet moss and oak leaves.
5. Finally, add sprigs of kangaroo paw, bittersweet and rose hips to the centerpiece for texture.
Easy-to-Craft Fall Leaf Centerpiece
Looking for an inexpensive, seasonal centerpiece that will last through the fall? All you need is some patterned scrapbook paper, twine, glitter spray and a few branches from your backyard.
Make an Autumnal Apple Topiary Centerpiece
Put fall's bounty on display by making a topiary out of fresh pears or apples as a centerpiece for your Thanksgiving table or buffet.
Natural Wheat Bundle Centerpiece
Here's an inexpensive take (under $10!) on a popular store bought fall centerpiece idea.
Dress Up Your Autumn Table With Fall Leaves
No centerpiece necessary; add seasonal color to your Thanksgiving table with these fall leaf streamers. They're a snap to make and they beautifully bring the outdoors in.
Coffee Bean Candle Centerpieces
These simple fall decorations will create a warm glow and amazing aromas for your home.
Bountiful Fall Centerpiece
The fruits and flowers of fall combine beautifully to create a rustic arrangement sure to be the star of your Thanksgiving table.
Jute-Covered Monogram Wreath
Personalize your door for fall with this gorgeous DIY craft-store wreath.
Autumn Rose Centerpiece
Add a little glamour to your autumn dinner table with this sparkling autumn rose centerpiece.
How to Make a Ship Centerpiece for Thanksgiving
Kids will love helping to make this large sailing ship centerpiece, which is reminiscent of the vessels that brought colonists to the new world. It's a cinch to make and will definitely bring a boat-load of fun to any Thanksgiving table.
New Year's Eve Cookie Centerpiece & Favors
These countdown cookies are just as fun for a New Year's party centerpiece as they are for your guests to take home as favors.
Found a living space you love in HGTV's Photo Library? Get the look in your own home with products from Wayfair.
Photo Friday: Cooking and Dining in the Great Outdoors
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 28, 2015 by Beth Rucker
This or That: Pick Your Favorite Vintage Find From Fixer Upper
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 27, 2015 by Farima Alavi
6 Essentials for the Perfect Tailgate Party + Win the 1 Thing You Really Need
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 25, 2015 by Farima Alavi
Discover the Winning Hue in Our Color Vs. Color Competition!
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 24, 2015 by Kayla Kitts
Copy This Room: Get Beach Flip Style in Your Living Room
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 24, 2015 by Shannon Petrie
4 Ways to Personalize Your Dorm Desk + College Goodie Giveaway!
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 21, 2015 by Farima Alavi
The Easiest (and Cutest!) DIY Dorm Roommate Mugs Ever
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 20, 2015 by Marianne Canada