Stylish Dish-Towel Accents
Use colorful dish towels to liven up a country-style kitchen.
- To make a coaster, color-copy your favorite towel, cut out a circle and glue it to the underside of a clear coaster.
- Wrap a plain white jar with a color copy of your favorite towel and secure with a piece of double-sided tape.
- A vintage-style plate is easy to make; paint the underside of the rim with acrylic paint and glue on a color copy of a colorful towel.
- Decorate a plain shelf by cutting a dish towel in half and laying the pretty border over the side. Keep it in place with double-stick tape.
- Found the perfect pattern on a dish towel, but want it as a runner? Make your own by simply ironing the towels together with no-sew fusing.
- Create the look of a colorful towel on a tabletop by striping it with acrylic paints. Use low-tack painter's tape to ensure straight lines. Seal with a water-based polyurethane to protect the finish.