Designing a Satin Upholstered Wall
This DIY project helps you put fabric on the wall for a luxe look.
Materials and Tools:
chain (approximately 1 foot of chain per pipe)
1/2-inch conduit pipe (electrical piping)
reciprocating saw with blade for cutting metal
large screws and washers (make sure the screws fit in the chain links)
- Measure the length of the wall to determine the length of fabric. Add an additional two inches to account for a pocket at the top.
- At the top of the fabric, sew a 2-inch pocket to allow the pipe to slide through.
- Hem the fabric to the length of the wall.
- Add screws and washers to the wall/beam and hang short loops of chain, leaving enough space for the pipe to fit in.
- Cut the pipes to the appropriate length using a reciprocating saw.
- Hang the curtains on the pipe.
- Put the pipes up and place them into the loops made out of chain.
- Make sure there is enough slack on either side so they can't easily fall out of the chain loop.