Decorate Your Bedroom With Wood Panels
Carter Oosterhouse adds elegance to a master bedroom by building maple wall panels and then hanging glass vases within the panels.
Materials and Tools:
prefinished 1/4-inch maple
pneumatic nail gun
1. Cut down a panel of the prefinished 1/4-inch maple with the table saw.
2. Using the chop saw, cut four strips of walnut trim with ends mitered at a 45-degree angle to fit around the panel. The strips should have a precut rabbet groove, if they don't, run them through a table saw to form the grooves.
3. Frame the strips of walnut trim together to form a rectangle that will surround the panel. Spray adhesive activator along the cut edges and stick them together so they adhere without the use of nails.
4. Place the panel inside the rabbet grooves and nail the walnut frame securely into place. Be sure to nail at an angle to secure the panel and frame together.
5. Attach the panel to the desired location on the wall using nails. Be sure everything is straight and level.
6. Spruce up the panels with sconces, art or vases of flowers.
Mosaic and Foam Memory Quilt
Not a quilter? No problem! This memory quilt uses a foam base and mosaic tiles to create a quilt that's sewing free.
How to Make a Clay Garden Sphere
Create a unique piece of outdoor art with speckled stoneware clay and clay-carving tools
How to Make an Etched Ceramic Vase
Etch a creative design in a ceramic vase to match any style room.
Expressive Box Wall Hanging
Marie Weichman embellishes this clay box wall hanging with objects that reflect her creativity.
How to Make a Sunflower Wall Hanging
Use wood and stained glass to create a sunflower wall hanging.
How to Make a Mosaic Stained Glass Portrait
Attach stained glass pieces to adhesive paper placed over a photo to create a mosaic glass portrait.
How to Make an Etched Copper Bowl
Etch a eucalyptus-leaf sgraffito design into a copper bowl for a unique piece of pottery.
How to Weave a Decorative Copper Wire Basket
Weave copper wire into a decorative basket embellished with polymer clay beads.
How to Sculpt a Ceramic Pear
This realistic ceramic pear project features rich glaze highlights.
How to Make a Lollipop Garden Sculpture
Recycle plastic lids to make this whimsical piece of outdoor art.
We're serving up the latest news, gorgeous style, crafty DIY projects, clever entertaining tips and more. Consider these your design digests.