Create Autumn Leaf Place Cards
Mother Nature puts on quite a show each fall with the changing of the leaves. Glorious in shades of red, gold, orange and even plum, fall leaves are a beautiful and colorful way to bring autumn indoors and display as an inexpensive table setting.
Materials and Tools:
4" ceramic pots
silk or natural fall leaves
permanent marker or paint pen
1/8" wooden dowels, cut in 6" sections
grapes or berries or nuts
gold spray paint
hot glue gun and sticks
- Paint the ceramic pots and wooden dowels gold with spray paint.
- Insert a small cube of florist foam into each of the ceramic pots, secure it to the bottom of the pot with a bit of hot glue.
- Cover any visible foam with Spanish moss.
- Sharpen the tip of the dowel with a pencil sharpener and insert a dowel into the center of each pot.
- Using a permanent marker or paint pen, write a guest's name onto each of the leaves.
- Tie leaves onto dowels with ribbon.
- Finish by piling grapes, berries or nuts around base of each dowel and display your finished place cards on table.