Create a Garden Cement Leaf
Sharon Eide embellishes her garden decoration with metallic paints.
Materials and Tools:
shallow rectangular pan
1. Collect some large leaves.
2. Shape a mound of damp sand in a shallow rectangular pan to support the leaf.
3. Place the leaf upside down on the mound of sand and cut the thick end of the stem out.
4. Place a section of another leaf over the end of the first leaf where the stem was removed.
5. Mix patch cement according to the label directions.
6. Wearing rubber gloves, pat cement over the leaf to a thickness of about 1/2 inch thick.
7. Wait at least 24 hours before removing the leaf. The cement leaf needs to set well.
8. Lift the cement cast leaf off the sand. Peel off the real leaf and brush off all the sand.
9. Paint the cement with cool color metallic paints inside and out. Let dry.
10. Epoxy seashells on the bowl part of the leaf.
11. Seal the entire leaf with water-based varnish. Let dry.
12. Place the cement leaf in the garden and enjoy.
Sea Turtle Garden Sculpture
Mark Sybirski cuts steel into the shape of a sea turtle and sand dollar for his garden art sculpture.
How to Create an Antique Renaissance Mirror
Transform an ordinary mirror into a renaissance art piece using decoupage and reproduction artwork.
How to Make a Holiday Folk Art Birdhouse
Kriste Hennick decorates her folk art birdhouses to reflect the holidays.
How to Make a Garden of Eden Art Quilt
Keep the stitching to a minimum by fusing fabrics in this masterpiece for your wall.
Photocopy Printmaking Collage
Create one-of-a-kind art pieces with a photocopy printmaking technique.
How to Make a Mosaic Garden Gazing Ball
Add a colorful gazing ball to your garden, covered in a mosaic inspired from passion flower vines.
How to Paint a Stained-Glass Window
A family portrait is turned into a unique stained-glass-style window.
How to Make a Ceramic Planter
Make a ceramic pot and paint for a pop of color.
How to Weld Metal Flower Garden Art
Make a metal flower from five forks with metalworking techniques.
How to Create a Colorful Paper Sculpture
Sal Matteo creates his vibrantly colored sculpture with paper shapes and swirls.
Found a living space you love in HGTV's Photo Library? Get the look in your own home with products from Wayfair.
We're serving up the latest news, gorgeous style, crafty DIY projects, clever entertaining tips and more. Consider these your design digests.