Cork Memo Board With Crown Molding Frame
Get organized and inspired with this easy-to-construct memo board.
Tools and Materials:
pin nail gun and 5/8-inch pin nails
paintbrushes and paint tray
caulking gun and a tube of adhesive (we used Dap brand Liquid Nails)
4x8-foot sheet of 1/4” plywood
2-5/8” wide notched door casing
quart of paint (we used Olympic brand, Kitchen and Bath paint in Ultra White)
twelve 12” x 12” renewable cork tiles
picture hanging hardware
1. Use a circular saw to cut the plywood down to 53-1/4” x 41-1/4”. This will accommodate all twelve cork tiles (four tiles wide by three tiles high) and the framed border. Lightly sand the cut edges.
2. Miter cut the notched molding to fit flush with the outside edge of the plywood.
3. Frame out the plywood by gluing and nailing the molding to the outermost edge. You may want to nail strips of plywood between the backer and molding to elevate the molding if the density of the cork is greater than the molding.
4. Paint the molding and the outside edge of the plywood.
5. Affix all twelve cork tiles to the plywood backer with adhesive and a caulking gun.
6. Once dry, flip the board over and attach the picture hanging hardware.
7. Install two screws to the wall where the board will hang, making sure to hit studs.
8. Hang board in place and decorate with inspirational items.
Bamboo Reed Room Dividers
Bamboo reeds are encased in epoxy to make a unique room divider.
Home Theater Fabric Paneled Wainscotting
Fabric wall panels enhance the acoustics and the aesthetics in a movie room.
Build an Under-Bed Storage Box
This box is built with wheels so it can easily slide underneath the bed.
Three-Sided Upholstered Headboard Frame
Bold and bright fabrics are used make a classically shaped headboard into a contemporary work of art.
Build a Hinged Room Divider
A custom-made room divider provides function and style.
Hanging Crown Molding
Simple, one-piece crown molding adds dimension and style to any room.
Dressing Up a Chandelier for the Holidays
Turn your dining room lighting into a festive holiday decoration.
European, Old-World Topiary
This Tuscan-style topiary is perfect for the holidays or any time of year.
Turning a Footstool into a Pet Bed
Upholstered footstools are easily transformed into cushy pet beds.
How to Turn Nightstands into a Vanity
Turn two old bedside tables into a brand new vanity for your bedroom.
Sign up for the HGTV Inspiration Newsletter.
We're serving up the latest news, gorgeous style, crafty DIY projects, clever entertaining tips and more. Consider these your design digests.