Kristen Rae Luce demonstrates how to make a one-of-a-kind collage card, which is a colorful fusion of assorted mediums.
Materials and Tools:
handmade card materials
clear acid free craft glue
assorted rubber stamps
found magazines, pictures, catalogs, stickers
UHU glue stick
walnut ink spray
embellishments: fibers, broken jewelry, trinkets etc.
1. Pick a favorite paper, any size for the body of the card.
2. Fold paper in half with a bone folder and choose either a horizontal or vertical shape.
3. Place found pictures or shapes on the card until you achieve a preferred composition. Use handmade papers, scrapbook papers or textured papers.
4. Glue papers down securely with a glue stick.
5. Spray walnut ink over your card to convey an antique look. Remove excess ink with a paper towel.
6. Let card dry.
7. Place found embellishments, fibers, and trinkets on card and glue them down securely with acid-free craft glue. Rubber stamp designs if desired.
8. Sign the card and give it to someone special.
Project by Kristen Rae Luce from Tulsa, Okla.
How to Make Collage Greeting Card Designs
Create two, simple collage greeting cards using decorative paper and rubber stamps.
Three-Panel Floral Painted Card
Victoria Slone of Chicago demonstrates how to create a handmade card using three colors of card stock, raffia and Chinese brush-painted panels.
Note Card Bonanza
Learn how to add an embossed frame to your cards.
How to Make a Magic Sliding Message Card
Measure and fold your way to a stamped peek-a-boo greeting card.
This paper purse card includes a silver paper compact for messages.
Hand Carved Stamps and Card
Elizabeth Thummel creates hand carved stamps to use as a decorative accent on her cards.
Pop-up Birthday Card
Brandon Mise demonstrates his printing technique on this pop-up birthday card.
Encaustic Picture-Gram Card
Jennifer Erts Wyatt embellishes her encaustic picture-gram card with a bear and photos.
Stuffed Messenger Owl Card
Faythe Levine makes this adorable messenger owl card with felt.
Metal Embossed Copper Pear Card
Embossed copper adds a nice touch to this homemade card.
Found a living space you love in HGTV's Photo Library? Get the look in your own home with products from Wayfair.
We're serving up the latest news, gorgeous style, crafty DIY projects, clever entertaining tips and more. Consider these your design digests.