Kristen Rae Luce demonstrates how to make a one-of-a-kind collage card, which is a colorful fusion of assorted mediums.
Materials and Tools:
handmade card materials
clear acid free craft glue
assorted rubber stamps
found magazines, pictures, catalogs, stickers
UHU glue stick
walnut ink spray
embellishments: fibers, broken jewelry, trinkets etc.
1. Pick a favorite paper, any size for the body of the card.
2. Fold paper in half with a bone folder and choose either a horizontal or vertical shape.
3. Place found pictures or shapes on the card until you achieve a preferred composition. Use handmade papers, scrapbook papers or textured papers.
4. Glue papers down securely with a glue stick.
5. Spray walnut ink over your card to convey an antique look. Remove excess ink with a paper towel.
6. Let card dry.
7. Place found embellishments, fibers, and trinkets on card and glue them down securely with acid-free craft glue. Rubber stamp designs if desired.
8. Sign the card and give it to someone special.
Project by Kristen Rae Luce from Tulsa, Okla.