Chillingly Chic Chair Wraps
Add glamour to your everyday dining set by creating these simply elegant no-sew chair wraps.
Materials and Tools:
60-inch wide velvet, 5 yards total
floral wire or wire twist ties
1. Fold velvet in half, with finished side in and back visible. Smooth any lumps and pin edges so fabric can't shift.
2. With yard stick and fabric chalk, divide the width (60 inches) of fabric into thirds, making a mark every 20 inches.
3. Following your chalk lines, cut the fabric into three long strips, each should measure 20 inches wide by 90 inches or 2½-yards long. Cut across the fold and you now have six chair wraps.
4. Wrap the fabric around the front of the chair and bring the velvet together in the back of the chair at the center. Making sure that each tail is the same length, hold the fabric and wrap with a piece of wire. Tuck the wire's end into the velvet so that it doesn't show.
5. To keep the wrap from shifting on the chair, secure it with small strips of double-sided tape added to the chair's splat and back.
6. For the finishing touch, add a chandelier crystal. For a variation, you could tie with a coordinating ribbon and add silk flowers or add a bit of nostalgic glitz by pinning a vintage brooch onto each wrap.
Throw a Theme Party
Check out these tips from our entertaining expert to make your party extra special and extra memorable.
Throw a Smart Graduation Party
Study up on some creative ideas for hosting a graduation party.
Tips for Hosting Fun Parties
Here are 9 tips for hosting a party both you and your guests will enjoy.
Make Your Own Festive Tulle Drink Stirrers
Dress up holiday drinks at your next party with these easy-to-make stirrers.
How to Throw a Holiday Cookie Party
Learn how to swap recipes, trim the tree and serve gingerbread cookies.
How to Host an Exchange Party
An exchange party is a fun and easy way to host a party with the minimum of shopping, expense, baking and dishes to clean.
Mysterious Masque Invitation
Set a spooktacular tone for your Halloween party by making these Mysterious Mask Invitations.
Halloween Party Favor: Paper Princess Crowns
Surprise your little princess with a handmade Halloween crown. Perfect as party favors, these crafty goodies also make great costume accessories or gifts for your favorite trick-or-treaters.
Halloween Party Favor: Make a Treat Cone
Delight trick-or-treaters or Halloween party guests with this easy-to-create card stock cone filled with candy, small toys or trinkets.
Frankly ... Here Are Some Hot Dog Do's and Don'ts
Learn about toppings, safety tips and a little etiquette when it comes to this barbecue favorite.
We're serving up the latest news, gorgeous style, crafty DIY projects, clever entertaining tips and more. Consider these your design digests.