Chillingly Chic Chair Wraps
Add glamour to your everyday dining set by creating these simply elegant no-sew chair wraps.
Materials and Tools:
60-inch wide velvet, 5 yards total
floral wire or wire twist ties
1. Fold velvet in half, with finished side in and back visible. Smooth any lumps and pin edges so fabric can't shift.
2. With yard stick and fabric chalk, divide the width (60 inches) of fabric into thirds, making a mark every 20 inches.
3. Following your chalk lines, cut the fabric into three long strips, each should measure 20 inches wide by 90 inches or 2½-yards long. Cut across the fold and you now have six chair wraps.
4. Wrap the fabric around the front of the chair and bring the velvet together in the back of the chair at the center. Making sure that each tail is the same length, hold the fabric and wrap with a piece of wire. Tuck the wire's end into the velvet so that it doesn't show.
5. To keep the wrap from shifting on the chair, secure it with small strips of double-sided tape added to the chair's splat and back.
6. For the finishing touch, add a chandelier crystal. For a variation, you could tie with a coordinating ribbon and add silk flowers or add a bit of nostalgic glitz by pinning a vintage brooch onto each wrap.
Ominously Operatic Cutlery Sleeves
Add a touch of Operatic flair to your Halloween gathering by making these simple, yet sophisticated cutlery wraps.
Ghostly Glove Placecard Holders
Stylishly spooky, these ghostly glove placecard holders are a cinch to make!
Mysterious Masque Invitation
Set a spooktacular tone for your Halloween party by making these Mysterious Mask Invitations.
How to Embellish Dining Chairs
Think beyond the tabletop this holiday season and create some fun and festive dining chair embellishments. All it takes is a handful of simple, holiday-themed craft store materials and a few dabs of hot glue.
Top-Hat Spirit Chiller
Keep spirits (of the fermented variety) chilled in style.
How to Re-cover an Upholstered Chair
An old dated chair is given a new funky look with spray paint and fabric.
How to Reupholster an Arm Chair
Upholstery can be an intimidating project, but it seems more complicated than it actually is. A thrift store arm chair with simple lines, a sturdy frame and good padding makes a perfect subject for a novice upholsterer.
Easy Chair Covers
Try these tips for dressing up dining room chairs for parties or just for kicks.
How to Host an Exchange Party
An exchange party is a fun and easy way to host a party with the minimum of shopping, expense, baking and dishes to clean.
How to Make Ombre-Painted Pinecone Ornaments
Classic pinecones get a modern, ombre treatment in this painted DIY project. Use the finished, colorful pinecones as holiday party favors or to decorate your home for the holidays.
Found a living space you love in HGTV's Photo Library? Get the look in your own home with products from Wayfair.
We're serving up the latest news, gorgeous style, crafty DIY projects, clever entertaining tips and more. Consider these your design digests.