Ceramic Flower Card
Courtesty of Jennifer Heynen from Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin.
Materials and Tools:
8-1/2" x 11" orange cardstock
brown stamp pad
6 pink brads
2 ceramic leaves
flower stem rubberstamp
alphabet stickers ("thanks" black text on clear circles)
1. Fold an 8-1/2" x 11" piece of orange cardstock in half with the short edges together.
2. Age the orange cardstock with a brown stamp pad.
3. Tear a 3" x 5" rectangle from ivory paper using a ruler as a guide.
4. Age the ivory paper with the brown stamp pad.
5. Cut a green paper rectangle slightly larger than the ivory paper rectangle.
6. Cut a rectangle of pink paper for placement below the ivory rectangle.
7. Cut a 3" x 1" rectangle for grass then snip a zigzag cut across the top.
8. Adhere the grass to the ivory rectangle.
9. Apply green marker to the flower stem rubber stamp. Stamp a green stem on the ivory paper.
10. Assemble the card: Glue the ivory rectangle onto the green rectangle. Glue the green rectangle onto front of the orange card. Glue the pink rectangle on the lower third of the green rectangle below the ivory paper.
11. Apply the words "thanks" spelled from alphabet stickers (black text on clear circles) onto the piece of ribbon.
12. Punch holes in the four corners of the ivory rectangle using a needle tool and insert a pink brad in each corner. Punch a hole in the upper right corner of the pink rectangle and lower left corner of the pink rectangle.
13. Raised ribbon with brads: Punch a hole in the center of the ribbon on the left side and insert a brad through this hole and the left side hole on the pink rectangle. Punch a hole in the center of the ribbon on the right side and insert a brad through this hole and the right side hole on the pink triangle. The ribbon will be raised from the surface of the card.
14. Glue a previously made ceramic flower to the top of the stem. Glue two ceramic leaves on each side of the stem.