Bountiful Fall Centerpiece
The fruits and flowers of fall combine beautifully to create a rustic arrangement sure to be the star of your Thanksgiving table.
By: Leah McCall
Materials and Tools:
white mini pumpkins
hydrangeas (fresh or dried)
seeded eucalyptus sprays
hot glue gun and glue sticks
Note: The amount of materials needed depends on the size of the container and desired fullness of the arrangement
1. Cut dry floral foam so it will snugly fit container. Be sure to leave the foam one to two inches taller than the edge of the container to give the finished arrangement height. Place foam in a sink filled with water and allow it to soak up moisture until fully saturated. Tip: Don't try to speed up the process by pushing the foam into the water, this will create dry spots in the foam.
2. Place the now-saturated floral foam in container. Secure it with floral tape placed in criss-cross fashion across the foam, the ends of the tape attached to the inside of the container.
3. Insert wooden skewers into mini pumpkins and plums and add these to centerpiece. If skewers are too long, remove from arrangement, cut off excess, then reinsert.
4. Attach grapevine balls to wooden skewers with hot glue and add these to arrangement, again cutting skewers to the correct length.
5. Fill spaces between plums, pumpkins and grapevine balls with clusters of hydrangeas. Finish by adding branches of seeded eucalyptus for added texture.
12 Projects for the Holidays
Learn how to transform your home with fun holiday decorations.
Leather Christmas Stockings
Give your holiday mantel a high-fashion makeover with custom leather Christmas stockings.
Snowflake-Embellished Table Runner
Add a frosty touch to your holiday table with this easy-to-create felt snowflake table runner.
Tag Your Wine Glass with Style
Turn this ordinary card stock into stylish holiday wine glass tags.
Trash to Treasure: Holiday Decorations
Capitalize on holiday decorating ideas using crystals, ornaments and more.
How to Make Fiesta-Style Table Linens
Add festive pops of color to any tabletop with these cheerful, decorative fabrics.
How to Make Ombre Table Linens
Bring style to your Fourth of July tablescape with handmade ombre table linens.
How to Sew a Poinsettia Felt Applique Pillow
Add a festive holiday touch to your decor with this custom-made poinsettia pillow. Felt is layered to create a 3-D effect on this decorative low-sew project.
How to Make a Moss and Cranberry Holiday Wreath
Bring a natural element to your holiday decor with this simple and sophisticated wreath. Its versatile design works as a traditional door wreath or as part of a Christmas centerpiece.
Make a Dried Leaf Christmas Wreath
Dressing your front door with a wreath at Christmas time helps to create a wonderfully warm, festive welcome to the outside of your home. Collect fallen leaves and seed heads in the fall and turn them into this stunning arrangement.
Sign up for the HGTV Inspiration Newsletter.
We're serving up the latest news, gorgeous style, crafty DIY projects, clever entertaining tips and more. Consider these your design digests.