Black Bat Napkin Ring
Create a simple bat-shaped felt napkin ring for your Halloween festivities.
Materials and Tools:
needle and black thread
black pipe cleaners
template (bat stamp or other bat outline)
1. Using a bat stamp as a template, cut out the bat wings and two pieces of bat body from the black felt.
2. Hand-stitch a black pipe cleaner to the top edge of the bat wings on one side.
3. Pin the two bat body pieces together and hand-stitch around the edge, leaving an opening. Stuff in scraps of leftover black felt to poof the bat body a bit. Hand-stitch the opening closed.
4. Hand-stitch the bat bodies to the bat wings on the opposite side of the one with the black pipe cleaner.
5. Cut out triangle eyes and triangle fangs from the white felt and glue to the bat's face.
8. Cut a rectangular strip of felt three inches wide by about six to seven inches long, depending on the thickness of your napkins. Fold the long sides into the middle and then fold the strip in half lengthwise. The finished strip is about 3/4-inch wide by the cut length. Use the sewing machine to stitch along the edge and then sew the ends together to form a ring.
9. Hand-sew the ring onto the back of the bat wings going into the bat body a bit as well to ensure it all stays together.
No-Sew Christmas Tree Skirt
Easily create a no-sew felt tree skirt to add a creative touch to your Christmas decorations.
Monogrammed Mirrored Place Setting
Set a stylish and personalized holiday table with these monogrammed coordinates -- a place mat, napkin ring, wine charm and coaster.
Make a Dried Leaf Christmas Wreath
Dressing your front door with a wreath at Christmas time helps to create a wonderfully warm, festive welcome to the outside of your home. Collect fallen leaves and seed heads in the fall and turn them into this stunning arrangement.
How to Make a Moss and Cranberry Holiday Wreath
Bring a natural element to your holiday decor with this simple and sophisticated wreath. Its versatile design works as a traditional door wreath or as part of a Christmas centerpiece.
How to Sew a Poinsettia Felt Applique Pillow
Add a festive holiday touch to your decor with this custom-made poinsettia pillow. Felt is layered to create a 3-D effect on this decorative low-sew project.
How to Make a Halloween Platter
Animate a holiday platter with spooky ghosts.
Square Feathered Holiday Wreath
Add a non-traditional touch to your holiday decorations by creating your own square wreath covered in pheasant and brightly colored feathers.
Easy-to-Make Burlap Wreath
Add texture and interest with a burlap fabric wreath. Perfect for everyday decor, the wreath can also easily be embellished for any holiday.
Custom Canvas Photo Art
Turn treasured photos into sentimental, handmade gifts for family and friends.
How to Make an Ornate Framed Chalkboard
Elegant meets humble when a sophisticated gilt frame surrounds an inexpensive DIY chalkboard. Place it in the dining room with a thoughtful greeting for holiday guests, or use it to announce the dinner menu or evening's festivities.
We're serving up the latest news, gorgeous style, crafty DIY projects, clever entertaining tips and more. Consider these your design digests.