Autumn Rose Centerpiece
Add a little glamour to your autumn dinner table with this sparkling autumn rose centerpiece.
Project designed by Annabelle Keller, CPD, SCD. Provided by DOW and Krylon.
Materials and Tools:
KRYLON Make It Stone! metallic textured paint #8262 copper
KRYLON Make It Last! clear coat sealer
approx. 8" tall urn with 4-3/4" opening
5" diameter balls STYROFOAM brand foam
12 1" diameter balls STYROFOAM brand foam
1" x 12" x 18" sheet STYROFOAM brand foam
12 bamboo skewers
approx. 30 autumn-colored 2-1/2" diameter silk roses
cardboard box spray booth *
newspapers or plastic sheet to cover work surface
Aleene's Ultimate Glue Gun with side-cut nozzle
* Turn a cardboard box on its side to create a spray booth to contain overspray when spray painting.
1. Spray urn with copper Make It Stone! metallic textured paint. Allow to dry.
2. Spray with Make It Last! clear coat sealer. Allow to dry.
3. Glue pointed ends of skewers into 1-inch balls. Spray balls, one at a time, with Make It Stone! metallic textured paint and immediately sprinkle with copper glitter over a sheet of paper. Stand skewers with balls on ends in the STYROFOAM sheet to dry.
4. Using wire cutters, cut the skewers to 3-1/2 inches in length.
5. Glue the 5-inch ball into the urn container opening with the glue gun.
6. Remove leaves from stems and cut stems to a 3-1/2-inch length.
7. Referring to photo, insert stems into the 5-inch ball, beginning with a rose around the ball at the container's opening. Insert a second row; then fill in the top of the arrangement.
8. Insert glittered balls randomly into the arrangement.
Natural Wheat Bundle Centerpiece
Here's an inexpensive take (under $10!) on a popular store bought fall centerpiece idea.
Edible Fall Centerpiece
Pair ornamental kale with asparagus to create a stunning (and edible!) centerpiece for your fall get-together or Thanksgiving dinner.
Coffee Bean Candle Centerpieces
These simple fall decorations will create a warm glow and amazing aromas for your home.
The Prettiest Pom: Make an Elegant Rose Topiary Tree
A mass of just one variety of flower can create an eye-catching display. This rose topiary has been made at a small-size, but it can be recreated on a much larger scale. Place this handsome design on a desk, a hall table or a side table.
Classic Beauty: A Rose and Lilac Vase
This impressive front-facing arrangement appears to have an abundance of flowers but much of the substance comes from carefully arranged foliage. This display will look pretty in a foyer, minimalist living room or banquet table for a meal.
How to Make a Carnation Snowman Centerpiece
Bring a whimsical touch to your holiday tablescape with a lush snowman made from white carnations and playful embellishments.
Fall for this Autumn-Inspired Bouquet
This spiral hand-tied bouquet captures many of the rich colors and textures of autumn flowers and foliage. Give it away as a gift, or put it in a rustic container and place it at the center of a table set for Sunday lunch.
Make Your Own Fruit and Floral Centerpiece
Add a touch of spring to your table with a mix daffodils, dianthus and colorful fruit.
Make an Autumnal Apple Topiary Centerpiece
Put fall's bounty on display by making a topiary out of fresh pears or apples as a centerpiece for your Thanksgiving table or buffet.
How to Make a Layered Holiday Centerpiece
Putting together a beautiful holiday centerpiece doesn't have to be difficult or break the bank. This one is made up of a few easy-to-find elements and can be made in as few as 15 minutes.
Found a living space you love in HGTV's Photo Library? Get the look in your own home with products from Wayfair.
Photo Friday: Cooking and Dining in the Great Outdoors
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 28, 2015 by Beth Rucker
This or That: Pick Your Favorite Vintage Find From Fixer Upper
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 27, 2015 by Farima Alavi
6 Essentials for the Perfect Tailgate Party + Win the 1 Thing You Really Need
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 25, 2015 by Farima Alavi
Discover the Winning Hue in Our Color Vs. Color Competition!
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 24, 2015 by Kayla Kitts
Copy This Room: Get Beach Flip Style in Your Living Room
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 24, 2015 by Shannon Petrie
4 Ways to Personalize Your Dorm Desk + College Goodie Giveaway!
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 21, 2015 by Farima Alavi
The Easiest (and Cutest!) DIY Dorm Roommate Mugs Ever
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 20, 2015 by Marianne Canada