Autumn Rose Centerpiece
Add a little glamour to your autumn dinner table with this sparkling autumn rose centerpiece.
Project designed by Annabelle Keller, CPD, SCD. Provided by DOW and Krylon.
Materials and Tools:
KRYLON Make It Stone! metallic textured paint #8262 copper
KRYLON Make It Last! clear coat sealer
approx. 8" tall urn with 4-3/4" opening
5" diameter balls STYROFOAM brand foam
12 1" diameter balls STYROFOAM brand foam
1" x 12" x 18" sheet STYROFOAM brand foam
12 bamboo skewers
approx. 30 autumn-colored 2-1/2" diameter silk roses
cardboard box spray booth *
newspapers or plastic sheet to cover work surface
Aleene's Ultimate Glue Gun with side-cut nozzle
* Turn a cardboard box on its side to create a spray booth to contain overspray when spray painting.
1. Spray urn with copper Make It Stone! metallic textured paint. Allow to dry.
2. Spray with Make It Last! clear coat sealer. Allow to dry.
3. Glue pointed ends of skewers into 1-inch balls. Spray balls, one at a time, with Make It Stone! metallic textured paint and immediately sprinkle with copper glitter over a sheet of paper. Stand skewers with balls on ends in the STYROFOAM sheet to dry.
4. Using wire cutters, cut the skewers to 3-1/2 inches in length.
5. Glue the 5-inch ball into the urn container opening with the glue gun.
6. Remove leaves from stems and cut stems to a 3-1/2-inch length.
7. Referring to photo, insert stems into the 5-inch ball, beginning with a rose around the ball at the container's opening. Insert a second row; then fill in the top of the arrangement.
8. Insert glittered balls randomly into the arrangement.
How-to: Fall Leaf Pillow
Recreate a pillow from an HGTV Magazine cover shoot for your own home.
Edible Fall Centerpiece
Pair ornamental kale with asparagus to create a stunning (and edible!) centerpiece for your fall get-together or Thanksgiving dinner.
Organic Appeal: Flag Irises and Horse Chestnuts
Young flag irises bloom beneath a canopy of horse chestnut leaves in a unique arrangement that highlights nature's different scales and unusual shapes. Position this display on a shelf or mantelpiece in a light, airy room.
Framing Botanical Prints
Add a touch of nature to your walls by framing botanicals. Follow these step-by-step instructions.
Warm up Winter with a Mixed Flower Arrangement
Exotic cymbidium orchids warm up cool winter berries and skimmia in this crisp white and green vase arrangement, which looks stunning in a hallway or master bedroom, or on a dining room table or low coffee table.
Round Out Your Modern Design in a Fishbowl Vase
Loose, unstructured flowers and a smooth, curvy bowl vase create a colorful contrast in this bright, contemporary design.
Spring Centerpieces in Bloom
Create centerpieces for the spring season with unusual containers and blooming flowers.
Natural Wheat Bundle Centerpiece
Here's an inexpensive take (under $10!) on a popular store bought fall centerpiece idea.
How to Make a Rectangular Rustic Fall Wreath
This simple and sophisticated wreath brings a natural element to holiday decor. Its versatility allows you to hang it on a door or use it flat on a table as a centerpiece.
Winter Twig-Embellished Mirror
Add natural sophistication to any room with the addition of a rustic twig-covered mirror. A few twigs gathered outdoors, white paint, a glue gun and an old mirror is all you need to add a wintry touch to your holiday decor.
Sign up for the HGTV Inspiration Newsletter.
We're serving up the latest news, gorgeous style, crafty DIY projects, clever entertaining tips and more. Consider these your design digests.