A Blooming Good Gift Topper
Materials and Tools:
wrapping paper scraps 12"-18" x 3"
1-1/2" wide satin ribbon
1 yard 2" satin ribbon
2 yards extra ribbon
24" faux pearl strand
8" curling ribbon
glue gun (optional)
1. Gift box should be wrapped with paper and ribbon knotted on the center top of box with 4-inch extra length of ribbon tails.
2. Using 2 yards of matching ribbon, create four loops to tie on top of the box. Starting with the right side of the ribbon facing up, pinch ribbon 4 inches from one of the cut ends. Create a 2-inch loop by bringing ribbon behind and pinch. Twist ribbon a half turn towards the left so that the right side of the ribbon appears. Create another 2-inch loop by bringing behind, pinching and twisting. Repeat two more times, creating 4 loops.
3. Place looped piece on top of the ribbon around the box and tie on using the tails on the box.
4. Using scraps of wrapping paper, trim down to 12 to 18 inches in length by 3 inches in width. Fold 1/2-inch accordion pleats in all the paper. Staple together at one end and fan out.
5. Using double-sided tape, fasten on the top of the box behind the bow.
6. To create the ribbon rose: Start with 1 yard of satin ribbon with wrong side facing up. Fold right side over and crease a 12-inch diagonal fold. Fold this end ever to create a right angle. Roll up this edge to form the rose center and stem. Hold the stem part in the left hand with thumb and middle finger. The left index finger is extended up on a diagonal behind the stem. Fold ribbon back, up, over and around the tip of the index finger.
7. Switch hands, holding the stem in the right hand, and turn to the left a quarter turn. Switch back to holding the stem in the left hand. Repeat the fold back, hold in right hand, and rotate a quarter turn to the left, until ribbon is all folded.
8. Turn upside down and staple the end of ribbon to the stem. Attach to bow with curling ribbon or glue gun.
9. Attach faux pearls under ribbon rose with glue gun or by tying on with the curling ribbon.