Wilted Brussels Sprouts Petals
- 3 pounds Brussels sprouts, leaves peeled and placed into bowl
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2-3 pieces of bacon or prosciutto, chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 lemon
- 1 pinch of red pepper flakes
1: To remove leaves from Brussels sprouts, cut stem off and pluck one row at a time, discarding the inner core and smallest leaves.
2: Saute garlic and onions in a skillet with extra virgin olive oil until golden, add bacon or prosciutto bits and stir until everything is golden. De-glaze with 1/4 chicken or vegetable broth as needed.
3: Fold in brussels sprout leaves and pepper flakes for 5–7 minutes until they begin to soften. Squeeze juice of one lemon, and stir again.
4: Cover on low heat for an additional 5 minutes before serving.
Note: Brussels sprout petals can be prepped and placed in a sealed container a day before.