Tuxedo Cookie Recipe
Friends and family will flip for these crunchy, chocolatey cookies filled with rich mascarpone cream and then rolled in mini chocolate chips.
Before you start:
This dough may seem a bit unusual at first. It is quite dry and will need to be mashed together. The result is a cookie that snaps less like shortbread, more like Oreo.
The mascarpone filling will work best if refrigerated first. It also makes these cookies not suitable for shipping; they're best for serving to guests in your home or for local delivery.
Transfer cookies from work surface to parchment-lined tray with a spatula. They are quite delicate before baking.
This recipe yields 10-12 cookie sandwiches.
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
2/3 cup confectioners sugar
2/3 cup flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/3 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips for garnish
1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
4 oz. mascarpone cheese
1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together in a medium bowl until light and fluffy.
3. Sift the flour, cornstarch and cocoa over the butter/sugar.
4. Mix until well combined to form a dough.
5. Roll out dough to a thickness of 1/8 to 1/4 inch on a lightly floured surface.
6. Cut out cookies with a square cutter and bake on a parchment-lined sheet for 12-15 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack.
8. Fill with mascarpone cream and press sides in mini chips to coat.
1. Beat the butter in a medium bowl until smooth.
2. Add the mascarpone cream and blend until well combined and smooth.
3. Add the sugar and vanilla and blend until smooth (about 2 minutes).
4. Refrigerate for at least an hour before using.