Tuna Tartare Recipe
The Fairmont San Francisco's Chef jW Foster shares an easy-to-make recipe for tuna tartare with a lemon vinaigrette and garnished with wonton crisps and parsley oil.
The recipe for tuna tartare yields one appetizer per ingredient set. The recipes for the pickled red onions and lemon vinaigrette are created to yield a large amount, particularly for large groups and parties.
1/2 cup tuna, diced
1 tablespoon cucumber, diced (no seed or skin)
1 tablespoon pickled red onion (recipe follows)
2 tablespoons avocado, diced
1/4 cup watercress (recommendation: Sausalito watercress)
lemon vinaigrette, enough to coat tuna (recipe follows)
4 wonton skins, halved, fried (optional garnish)
1 teaspoon parsley oil (optional garnish)
1. In a small bowl, mix tuna with lemon vinaigrette.
2. Put tuna and vinaigrette mix in ring mold.
3. Layer avocado on top, followed by the pickled red onion and cucumber.
4. Next, mix the watercress with lemon vinaigrette and put on top of the mold as the salad.
5. Add fried wonton skins and parsley oil for garnish (optional).
Pickled Red Onions
12 3/4 cups rice wine vinegar
4 cups sake
4 cups mirin
4 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup salt
4 red onions
1. Peel and slice red onions 1/2 inch thick, and place the sliced onions in a steel or glass bowl.
2. Bring rice wine vinegar, sake and mirin to a boil to dissolve the sugar and salt.
3. Pour boiling liquid onto the onions until they are completely covered.
4. Refrigerate for 24 hours, and then remove onions from liquid and chop to desired size.
2 cups lemon juice (fresh lemons)
1 cup honey
6 cups salad oil
salt (to taste)
1. In a blender, first add the lemon juice and honey blend.
2. Slowly drizzle the salad oil to emulsify, then hand-whisk the salt.
Baby Arugula Salad With Vinaigrette Recipe
Circa 1886 in Charleston, S.C., shares a recipe for a baby arugula salad topped with a savory vinaigrette and garnished with toasted pistachios and sweet apple slices.
Oysters Rockefeller Recipe
The Jekyll Island Club Hotel in Jekyll Island, Ga., shares its popular recipe for oysters Rockefeller. This tasty appetizer is easy to make and will win over all your seafood-loving guests.
Braised Pork Belly on From-Scratch Biscuits Recipe
Blackberry Farm in Walland, Tenn., shares a recipe for miniature braised pork belly sandwiches on fresh from-scratch buttermilk biscuits. These delectable finger foods are perfect as mouthwatering appetizers or a light main course option.
Chicken Liver Paté Recipe
The Fairmont San Francisco's Chef jW Foster shares his signature recipe for chicken liver paté with a sweet sherry, cinnamon and honey-flavored marinade.
Southern Pimento Cheese Recipe
Blackberry Farm in Walland, Tenn., shares a Smoky Mountain-style recipe for pimento cheese fritters, ideal for serving at casual get-togethers or large dinner parties.
How to Make Miniature Pie Party Favors
Ideal for an alfresco gathering or casual dinner party, these miniature pies will capture the hearts and tummies of all your guests.
Decadent Chocolate Truffles Recipe
Biltmore Estate in Asheville, N.C., shares a recipe for decadent chocolate truffles, perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth cravings.
Wassail Wows with Perfect Holiday Flavor
Toast to this ancient tradition with this warm holiday drink
Pear-Filled Swedish Pancakes With Lavender-Infused Honey Recipe
These rolled pancakes are paired with sweet pears and floral-infused honey that add a flavorful twist to the traditional holiday breakfast.
Learn how to make Sazerac for your next cocktail party at HGTV.com.
We're serving up the latest news, gorgeous style, crafty DIY projects, clever entertaining tips and more. Consider these your design digests.