Thyme-Roasted Carrots and Parsnips Recipe
Roasted root vegetables are a hearty seasonal staple of many tables in the fall. Seasoned with olive oil, thyme and citrus, this fresh take is sure to become one of your family's favorite dishes.
8 parsnips, peeled, halved lengthwise
14 carrots, peeled, greens trimmed but not removed
10 sprigs of fresh thyme
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon grated orange zest
coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Place parsnips and carrots in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet, then toss with olive oil, thyme, salt and pepper.
3. Drizzle with honey and orange zest; toss gently.
4. Bake until bottoms of vegetables begin to caramelize, about 20 minutes.
5. Flip vegetables, return to oven, and bake until all sides are well browned, about 25 minutes more. Serve immediately.