Texican Tailgate Cocoa Freeze Cocktail Recipe
Craving hot chocolate but the temperature outside is 100 degrees in the shade? Consider cooling your tailgaters off with this chilly drink. You'll need a blender to make this one, so pack one for the party.
2 oz. of light rum, silver tequila or Kahlua
6 half-oz. pieces of finely chopped chocolate
2 tsp. store-bought hot chocolate mix
1-1/2 tbs. sugar
1-1/2 cups milk
3 cups ice
- Place the chopped chocolate in the top half of double boiler over water.
- Stir until chocolate is melted.
- Add hot chocolate mix and sugar and stir until blended.
- Remove from heat and slowly add 1/2 cup of milk, stirring until smooth.
- Cool to room or lukewarm temperature.
- In a blender, add the rest of the milk and the lukewarm chocolate mixture.
- Add liquor of your choice.
- Add ice and blend on high speed until smooth.
- Pour into your cup and top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.