Rosario's Rumpope (Ecuadorian Holiday Eggnog)
No holiday is complete without this traditional Ecuadorian family recipe for eggnog. Rumpope, pronounced "rom-poe-pay," uses eggs, condensed milk, peaches, vanilla extract and cinnamon to create a sweet, silky beverage.
1 can of condensed milk
3 to 4 canned peach halves or 8 to 10 canned peach slivers
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
2-8 oz. cups of rum (optional)
cinnamon powder (or cinnamon stick for garnish)
- Whip eggs in blender for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add condensed milk, canned peach halves, vanilla extract and blend thoroughly.
- Slowly add rum as the ingredients are blending (you can increase or decrease quantity as per your taste).
- For a non-alcoholic eggnog: Don't add the rum and simply have your guests add 1-1/2 - 2 ounces rum to their drink.
- Sprinkle cinnamon around the top or add cinnamon stick for garnish.
Tip: For larger parties make several pitchers (keep refrigerated) and serve in a large punch bowl surrounded by ice to keep it fresh and cool throughout the evening.