Raspberry Lemonade Doughnuts Recipe
Make this sweet, gluten-free dessert that's just as good as the fried version.
Yield: 12 doughnuts
2 flaxseed eggs (2 tablespoons flaxseed meal + 6 tablespoons warm water)
1 cup granulated vegan sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons grapeseed or safflower oil
1/2 lemon, juiced and zested
1/2 cup fresh raspberries
2 cups gluten-free all-purpose baking mix (ingredients and instructions below)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Gluten-Free All-Purpose Baking Mix Ingredients
3/4 cup almond flour
1 cup brown rice flour
3/4 cup tapioca flour
1/2 cup arrowroot starch
2 tablespoons unsweetened vanilla dairy-free milk
1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. To make baking mix, mix all ingredients in a medium bowl until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
2. Prepare doughnut pan by brushing with oil or using a non-stick spray. Mix together the flaxseed meal and water in a small bowl, and allow it to sit for a few minutes.
3. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and sea salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
4. Using a standing mixer or a medium bowl with hand mixer, combine vegan sugar, applesauce, grapeseed oil, lemon juice and zest. Add flaxseed combination to the wet mixture, mixing until combined. Then, slowly add flour combination to the wet mixture, mixing until well combined.
5. Fill 3/4 of each doughnut cup with the mixture. Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown or toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
6. Allow doughnuts to sit in pan for 6-8 minutes, then transfer to a baking rack to cool completely.
7. To make the glaze, combine milk, vanilla extract and powdered sugar in a small pot. Place over low heat and begin continuously whisking until all lumps have dissolved. Remove from heat.
8. Dip one side of each doughnut in the glaze, then place back on the wire rack to set. Repeat process for all doughnuts. Note: Place a tray or parchment underneath wire rack to catch excess glaze.