Pie Pops Recipe
Make these bite-sized treats for your next outdoor party.
By: Abigail Barnes
Yield: 12 pie pops
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) chilled butter, cut into small pieces
5 to 6 tablespoons cold water
Yield: 1 regular pie or 40 pie pops
3/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon lemon juice
7 cups peeled, cored and chopped apples (Granny Smith and Gala style)
1 egg white
long lollipop sticks
1. To make pie crust, mix flour and salt together with fork in a bowl. Using a food processor, mix in butter until mixture crumbles.
2. Slowly add water and mix with fork until mixture starts to take dough form. Split dough into 2 equal portions, roll into ball shapes, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate.
3. Combine all apple filling ingredients in a mixing bowl. Transfer to a medium saucepan.
4. Over medium heat, cook mixture, stirring often for about 20 minutes or until apples are soft enough to cut with a fork (Image 1). Remove from heat, and let cool.
5. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Roll pie crust dough out onto floured surface to 1/8-inch thickness.
6. Using a 2 3/4- to 3-inch round biscuit cutter or cookie cutter, cut out mini pie crusts (Image 2). Place on baking sheet lined with silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
7. Place 1/2 tablespoon of apple pie filling onto center of mini pie crust. Place lollipop stick onto center of pie with top of stick near (but not at) the edge of crust (Image 3).
8. Place second mini crust on top of filling and lollipop stick. Align edges with bottom crust. Using a fork, crimp edges of crust to seal them together (Image 4). Press extra firm around stick base to seal it.
9. Brush egg white on top of pie pop, covering majority of crust (Image 5). Repeat steps to make the rest of the pops.
10. Bake for 15 minutes or until pops are golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool. Serve and enjoy.
Grilled Mexican Corn Recipe
Topped with spices, lime and Cotija cheese, this recipe will give a little extra flavor to the traditional grilled corn on the cob.
Bacon Beef Burgers Recipe
This grilling favorite is made with half beef and half ground bacon for a delicious summertime flavor.
Heirloom Tomato and Burrata Crostinis Recipe
Burrata cheese and juicy heirloom tomatoes combine to create a delicious appetizer great for any gathering, large or small.
Grilled Fruit Skewers Recipe
Paired with ricotta and yogurt dips, these grilled fruit skewers will have your barbecue guests pleased at first bite.
Lemon Cupcakes Recipe
This light and fluffy cake recipe is topped with Limoncello buttercream frosting, which adds a sour kick.
Frozen Clementine Sorbet Recipe
Use the peel of the fruit as a bowl to serve this tasty and cool sorbet.
Chile and Lime Roasted Cashews Recipe
Lime juice and chile pepper give these roasted nuts a flavorful kick. Serve them at your next cookout or small get-together.
Grilled Cumin Shrimp and Avocado Gazpacho
Nothing will cool you down this summer quite like this refreshing gazpacho appetizer topped with spicy grilled shrimp.
Blue Velvet Cupcake Recipe
Blue velvet cake is a fun twist on the traditional red velvet flavor. A touch of violet food coloring is the secret ingredient for making these cakes the perfect blue hue.
Spiked S'mores Pie Recipe
Bourbon gives this pie its boozy flavor, but feel free to leave it out since it doesn't change the consistency of the set ganache.
We're serving up the latest news, gorgeous style, crafty DIY projects, clever entertaining tips and more. Consider these your design digests.