Pick Fruit-Themed Confetti Eggs
These egg decorations look good enough to eat.
prepared eggs (see step 1)
knife, egg opener or similar
black acrylic paint
dowel, pencil or skewer
red acrylic or spray paint
dark and light green tissue paper
1. Using a sharp knife or commercial egg opener, make a hole in the top of a chicken egg and remove contents. Wash and dry the egg thoroughly inside and out.
2. Cut down the foam end of a foam brush and insert it into the egg shell to use to hold egg while painting.
3. Paint egg red and allow to dry completely. Make sure paint covers all of the egg.
4. Partially fill egg with handmade or store-bought confetti. Set aside. An egg cup or sake cup is useful for holding the egg.
5. Cut three leaves from dark green tissue paper.
6. Glue first leaf over the opening in the egg, pushing down into the hole a bit.
7. Glue the second leaf on top of the first, offset a bit so leaves will show, again pushing a little into the hole.
8. Take a small sheet of the light green tissue and, holding diagonal corners, begin to twist the paper into a very small vine of paper.
9. Moisten the vine of paper with a little glue and wind around a small dowel, pencil or skewer to form a coil. Allow to dry a minute or two before removing from pencil or dowel.
10. Glue the last circle of the coil into the cavity in the tissue.
11. Glue third leaf offset on top of the tissue coil to secure.
12. Paint black strawberry seeds all over surface of the egg.
13. When dry, add glitter glue to accent seed areas.