Oysters Rockefeller Recipe
12 oysters, rinsed and shucked
1 bag fresh spinach
2-3 strips bacon, uncooked
1 clove garlic, minced
1 1/2 tablespoons cream
1/4 cup plus 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
breadcrumbs, as needed
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Render the bacon in a hot skillet until almost crispy.
2. Add the garlic and pull from the heat. Stir well to cook the garlic.
3. Fold in the spinach, cream and 1/4 cup cheese.
4. Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.
5. Place approximately 1 tablespoon of mixture onto an oyster.
6. In a small bowl, mix 1/2 cup breadcrumbs with 1/4 cup cheese. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to the crumbs.
7. Top the oyster with the crumbs and repeat the process.
8. Place oysters in a pan, bake at 400° F for 5-6 minutes, or until topping is slightly browned.
Recipe yields 12 oysters, ideal for 5-6 people.