Mini Lamb Pot Pies With Minted Peas
Give the classic pot pie a hearty yet lighter twist with curried meat and refreshing mint peas.
3/4 pounds boneless top-round lamb (can substitute with any ground meat)
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 white onion, roughly chopped
1/2 tablespoon turmeric
1/2 tablespoon cumin
1/2 tablespoon curry powder
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
2 tablespoons red curry paste
2 organic pre-made frozen pie crusts
3 Yukon gold potatoes
1-1/2 cup peas
1 bunch mint
1. Allow frozen pie crusts to defrost. While they're defrosting, cut lamb into 1-inch chunks, and rub with spices. Add a little olive oil to even the mixture.
2. In a skillet drizzled with olive oil, sauté garlic and onion until translucent. Add cilantro, and continue to stir for another minute. Add lamb and red curry paste, continuing to stir until fully cooked.
3. Boil potatoes until cooked, and drain. Chop into bite-size cubes and add to curry lamb mixture.
4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place a ramekin onto each crust, and cut with a knife to remove the top of the crusts. Keep the remainder of the curst intact. Add potato lamb filling into each ramekin, and cover with pie dough tops, piercing 3 vent slits into them. Bake for 25 minutes or until pie crusts turn golden brown.
5. To make the topping, cook fresh peas and drain. Blend one bunch mint and a drizzle of olive oil in a food processor until smooth. Toss 2 tablespoons of the mint mixture with the cooled peas, and smash slightly with fork. Season with salt and pepper to taste.