Martha Washington Candy Recipe
This old-fashioned confection is a rich mixture of sugar, butter and pecans rolled into a ball of bittersweet dark chocolate.
Yield: 3 dozen
3 cups pecans, finely chopped
8 ounces bittersweet dark chocolate
2 tablespoons paraffin
1 box powdered sugar
1/2 pound butter
1. Combine powdered sugar, butter and pecans to form dough.
2. Shape dough into golf ball-sized shapes. Place in refrigerator for 2 hours.
3. In double broiler, melt paraffin in bittersweet chocolate.
4. Dip chilled dough balls in chocolate mixture. Set dipped dough balls on wax paper.
5. Garnish each with a pecan half.
6. Refrigerate until ready to serve.