Maple Pecan Sticky Buns
Add a sweet taste to your brunch with a new twist on the old classic: sticky buns topped with maple syrup and toasted pecans.
By: Camille Styles
Yield: 12 pastries
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 package (17.3 ounces/2 sheets) frozen puff pastry, defrosted
For the filling:
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
2/3 cup light brown sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
3/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine 1 1/2 sticks butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar.
4. Place 1 spoonful of the mixture in each of the muffin cups.
5. Lightly flour a wooden cutting board and a rolling pin.
6. Unfold one of the puff pastry sheets, and brush with half the melted butter.
7. Use the rolling pin to lightly roll, creating a smooth surface on the puff pastry.
8. Leaving a 1-inch border, sprinkle with half the brown sugar, cinnamon, raisins and walnuts.
9. Starting with the end nearest you, roll the pastry snugly into a tube shape, finishing with the seam side down to hold the roll together.
10. Trim off the ends to even out (about 1/2 inch of dough) and discard. Slice into 6 equal pieces, and place them, spiral-side up, in 6 of the muffin cups.
11. Repeat with the second sheet of pastry.
12. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until the sticky buns are golden brown on top.
13. Cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then carefully invert the buns onto the parchment paper to cool completely.
Note: You may need to spoon out any topping that remains in the cups onto the buns so that you get every last drop.
French Madeleine Cookies
These sweet, spongy treats are especially delicious when dipped in melted chocolate.
Spinach and Goat Cheese Frittata
Served straight out of the pan, this spinach and goat cheese frittata is a brunch side that's easy to make and even easier to serve.
Cheddar Chive Muffins With Hard-Boiled Egg
Delight your family with a hearty, savory muffin with a hard-boiled egg tucked inside.
Jam-Filled Danish Doughnut Recipe
Create a festive display on your breakfast table with a towering tree-shaped stack of Danish doughnuts. Turn this traditional pancake into a flavorful treat by filling them with unique preserves.
Pear-Filled Swedish Pancakes With Lavender-Infused Honey Recipe
These rolled pancakes are paired with sweet pears and floral-infused honey that add a flavorful twist to the traditional holiday breakfast.
Chocolate Christmas Cookies Recipe
Incorporate unsweetened cocoa powder into a classic Christmas sugar cookie recipe to get a chocolate-dough variation.
Easy Royal Icing Recipe
This thick and fluffy royal icing recipe is perfect for holding together Christmas gingerbread houses.
Easy Gingerbread Dough Recipe
This sturdy dough is perfect for gingerbread architecture during the holiday season.
Chocolate and Candied Orange Christmas Cookies Recipe
Dress up a basic chocolate cookie dough recipe for the holidays by adding candied orange.
Christmas Sugar Cookies Recipe
Make classic sugar cookies in your favorite holiday shapes with just six basic ingredients.
Sign up for the HGTV Inspiration Newsletter.
We're serving up the latest news, gorgeous style, crafty DIY projects, clever entertaining tips and more. Consider these your design digests.