Maple Pecan Sticky Buns
Add a sweet taste to your brunch with a new twist on the old classic: sticky buns topped with maple syrup and toasted pecans.
Yield: 12 pastries
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 package (17.3 ounces/2 sheets) frozen puff pastry, defrosted
For the filling:
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
2/3 cup light brown sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
3/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine 1 1/2 sticks butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar.
4. Place 1 spoonful of the mixture in each of the muffin cups.
5. Lightly flour a wooden cutting board and a rolling pin.
6. Unfold one of the puff pastry sheets, and brush with half the melted butter.
7. Use the rolling pin to lightly roll, creating a smooth surface on the puff pastry.
8. Leaving a 1-inch border, sprinkle with half the brown sugar, cinnamon, raisins and walnuts.
9. Starting with the end nearest you, roll the pastry snugly into a tube shape, finishing with the seam side down to hold the roll together.
10. Trim off the ends to even out (about 1/2 inch of dough) and discard. Slice into 6 equal pieces, and place them, spiral-side up, in 6 of the muffin cups.
11. Repeat with the second sheet of pastry.
12. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until the sticky buns are golden brown on top.
13. Cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then carefully invert the buns onto the parchment paper to cool completely.
Note: You may need to spoon out any topping that remains in the cups onto the buns so that you get every last drop.
Pomegranate Mimosa With a Twist
Sweeten your holiday brunch with a refreshing mimosa made from pomegranate juice and a lemon twist.
Spinach and Goat Cheese Frittata
Served straight out of the pan, this spinach and goat cheese frittata is a brunch side that's easy to make and even easier to serve.
Blackened Tuna Bites Recipe
Crisp cucumber slices take the place of crackers in this sushi-inspired, bite-sized party appetizer recipe.
Feta, Mint and Watermelon Bites Recipe
Simple, fresh watermelon and feta appetizers flavored with red wine vinegar and mint pair perfectly with bubbly champagne.
Festive Holiday Citrus Spritzer Recipe
The best part of this drink is the edible glitter rim. Sweet citrus and tasty mint pair perfectly in this festive party cocktail.
How to Make Your Own Flavored Liquors
As easy as mixing together a few common kitchen ingredients with standard liquors, these three festive flavors make delicious holiday cocktails (and party favors.)
How to Make a Holiday Breakfast Kit
This is the perfect favor for a late-night holiday party. Send your guests home with a ready-made breakfast for the morning after the soiree. It works equally well as a thoughtful hostess gift.
How to Host a Party for Your Pets
Hosting a party just for your dog or cat can be fun if you plan ahead. Here are our tips to make your pet-friendly party a success.
Focaccia Bread Recipe
Bake this savory bread full of garlic and herbs for your next holiday gathering.
Jam-Filled Danish Doughnut Recipe
Create a festive display on your breakfast table with a towering tree-shaped stack of Danish doughnuts. Turn this traditional pancake into a flavorful treat by filling them with unique preserves.
Found a living space you love in HGTV's Photo Library? Get the look in your own home with products from Wayfair.
Photo Friday: Cooking and Dining in the Great Outdoors
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 28, 2015 by Beth Rucker
This or That: Pick Your Favorite Vintage Find From Fixer Upper
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 27, 2015 by Farima Alavi
6 Essentials for the Perfect Tailgate Party + Win the 1 Thing You Really Need
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 25, 2015 by Farima Alavi
Discover the Winning Hue in Our Color Vs. Color Competition!
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 24, 2015 by Kayla Kitts
Copy This Room: Get Beach Flip Style in Your Living Room
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 24, 2015 by Shannon Petrie
4 Ways to Personalize Your Dorm Desk + College Goodie Giveaway!
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 21, 2015 by Farima Alavi
The Easiest (and Cutest!) DIY Dorm Roommate Mugs Ever
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 20, 2015 by Marianne Canada