Lemon Meringue Tartlets Recipe
With tastes reminiscent of Grandmother's kitchen, these miniature lemon meringue tartlets feature a zesty custard filling and fluffy topping.
For tartlet shells:
2 store-bought pie crusts
For lemon curd:
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 tablespoon finely-grated lemon zest
3 large eggs, beaten
4 large egg whites
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
pinch of salt
For tartlet shells:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
3. Roll the pie crusts to 1/8-inch thickness. With a 2 1/2-inch diameter biscuit cutter or drinking glass, cut out 24 rounds. Place dough into pan and press to fit.
4. Bake for 15 minutes or until crisp. Remove from oven and set aside to cool completely.
For lemon curd:
1. In a mixing bowl set over simmering water, cook sugar, lemon juice, butter, zest and eggs.
2. Whisk frequently until custard forms and bubbles appear on surface, about 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and strain through a fine mesh sieve into a bowl.
4. Set aside until cool, then fill each tartlet with 1 tablespoon of cool lemon curd.
1. In a stand mixer bowl set over simmering water, whisk together egg whites, sugar, cream of tartar and salt until sugar dissolves, about 2 minutes.
2. Transfer to stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment, and beat whites at medium-high until they hold soft peaks.
3. Increase speed to high, and continue beating until meringue is cool and stiff, about 10 minutes.
1. Pipe meringue on top of filling in each shell.
2. Preheat broiler to high. Set pies on a baking sheet, and place under broiler until meringue is toasted, about 2 minutes.
3. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Makes 24 tartlets
Pecan Pie Tartlets Recipe
Pecan pie is a classic Southern dish that has been served at family gatherings for generations. Our twist turns them into miniature hand-held tartlets, making them a better option for larger affairs.
Banana Pudding Parfait Recipe
Layers of vanilla pudding, banana slices and wafers combine to create a miniature Southern staple.
Savannah Fizz Cocktail Recipe
Celebrate summer with this refreshing concoction inspired by Georgia's oldest city.
Sparkling Summer Sangria Recipe
Summer's hot temps are the perfect time for devouring a bubbly and refreshing glass of sangria. Follow these simple steps for creating a vibrant cocktail that is just as delicious as it is beautiful.
Seed Packet Place Cards
Encourage guests to plant an outdoor garden or their own window garden this season by gifting seed packets that double as place card holders.
How To Embellish Party Lights With Colorful Streamers
Take your basic patio lights up a notch with sheer ribbon embellishments. These pretty colors will blow in the summer breeze, making those nighttime BBQs much more festive.
Design Your Own Watercolor Plates
Create summer-perfect customized plates with porcelain paints and simple instructions. The bright colors and whimsical floral motifs will add vintage-inspired color to your table.
Customize Coffee Mugs With Hand-Drawn Flowers
Update basic mugs with large, colorful flowers to bring a splash of summer to your morning coffee routine.
Dress Up Glass Jars With Hand-Drawn Designs
With a few simple drawing techniques, you can make these bohemian-style, hand-painted jars. Fill with wildflowers and cuttings from the garden to display around your home.
How to Make a Tassel Camera Strap
Personalize your camera with a cotton strap embellished with metallic leather and craft paint.
Found a living space you love in HGTV's Photo Library? Get the look in your own home with products from Wayfair.
Photo Friday: Cooking and Dining in the Great Outdoors
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 28, 2015 by Beth Rucker
This or That: Pick Your Favorite Vintage Find From Fixer Upper
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 27, 2015 by Farima Alavi
6 Essentials for the Perfect Tailgate Party + Win the 1 Thing You Really Need
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 25, 2015 by Farima Alavi
Discover the Winning Hue in Our Color Vs. Color Competition!
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 24, 2015 by Kayla Kitts
Copy This Room: Get Beach Flip Style in Your Living Room
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 24, 2015 by Shannon Petrie
4 Ways to Personalize Your Dorm Desk + College Goodie Giveaway!
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 21, 2015 by Farima Alavi
The Easiest (and Cutest!) DIY Dorm Roommate Mugs Ever
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 20, 2015 by Marianne Canada