Jewel's Cherry Pie Recipe
For a simple dessert to serve this season, try this cherry pie and share a tradition with a singing star.
pre-made pie crust
2 cans tart black cherries
2 cups sugar
6 tablespoons flour
1 cup cherry liquid
red food coloring
12 drops almond extract
1/4 cup butter
1. Butter a 9-by-12 pan, and preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Lay enough pie crust to cover pan up the sides 1/4 of the way.
3. Mix sugar and flour together in a separate bowl (so flour does not clump).
4. Add 2 cans of drained cherries and 1 cup cherry liquid. Mix together with flour and sugar.
5. Blend in food coloring and almond extract.
6. Pour into baking dish with other pie crust. Cut desired shapes out of dough (Christmas trees, bunnies, stars, etc.).
7. Then, cut up 1/4 cup butter into cubes and sprinkle on top of pie crust shapes.
8. Sprinkle with coarse sugar.
9. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
Note: For a single pie, cut recipe in half.
Recipe courtesy of Jewel