How to Make Toffee Hot Chocolate
Take your hot cocoa to the next level with this recipe from HGTV Magazine.
Time: 10 minutes | Makes: 4 servings
- 4 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Large marshmallows
- Caramel sauce
- Toffee candy bar, chopped
1. Combine the milk, sugar, cocoa powder, chocolate and butterscotch chips, vanilla extract and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, whisking often, until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth, about 4 minutes. Divide among 4 mugs.
2. Top each mug with large marshmallows, a drizzle of caramel sauce and toffee candy bar pieces.