How to Make Spiked Cherry Hot Chocolate
Take your hot cocoa to the next level with this recipe from HGTV Magazine.
Time: 10 minutes | Makes: 4 servings
- 4 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup maraschino liqueur; grenadine; or cherry sundae syrup
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate-covered cherries, chopped
- Red sanding sugar
- Sundae cherries
1. Combine the milk, sugar (omit sugar if using grenadine), cocoa powder, chocolate chips, vanilla extract and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, whisking often, until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth, about 4 minutes. Stir in the maraschino liqueur, grenadine, or syrup. Divide among 4 mugs.
2. Top each mug with whipped cream, chocolate-covered cherries, a pinch of red sanding sugar and a sundae cherry.