How to Make Spiced Hot Chocolate
Take your hot cocoa to the next level with this recipe from HGTV Magazine.
Time: 10 minutes | Makes: 4 servings
- 4 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, plus more for topping
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Pinch of salt
- Whipped cream
- Mini chocolate chips
- Cinnamon-flavored candy sticks
1. Combine the milk, sugar, cocoa powder, chocolate and white chocolate chips, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, cayenne and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, whisking often, until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth, about 4 minutes. Divide among 4 mugs.
2. Top each mug with whipped cream, mini chocolate chips and a pinch of pumpkin pie spice. Serve each with a cinnamon-flavored candy stick.