How to Make Minty Hot Chocolate
Take your hot cocoa to the next level with this recipe from HGTV Magazine.
Time: 10 minutes | Makes: 4 servings
- 4 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup green sanding sugar, plus more for topping
- Whipped cream and mint candies, crushed, for topping
- Large candy canes, for serving
1. Combine the milk, sugar, cocoa powder, chocolate and white chocolate chips, peppermint extract, and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, whisking often, until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth, about 4 minutes.
2. Set out two small plates. Pour a thin layer of water on one, and spread green sanding sugar on the other. Dip the rim of each mug into the water, then into the sugar.
3. Divide the hot chocolate among 4 mugs. Top each mug with whipped cream, mint candies, and a sprinkle of green sanding sugar. Serve each with a candy cane.