How to Make Caramel Corn Hot Chocolate
Take your hot cocoa to the next level with this recipe from HGTV Magazine.
Time: 10 minutes | Makes: 4 servings
- 4 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon flaky sea salt, plus more for topping
- Mini marshmallows
- Caramel corn, roughly chopped
- Honey-roasted cashews, roughly chopped
1. Combine the milk, sugar, cocoa powder, chocolate chips, butter, vanilla extract, and sea salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, whisking often, until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth, about 4 minutes. Divide among 4 mugs.
2. Top each mug with mini marshmallows, caramel corn, honey-roasted cashews, and a pinch of sea salt.