Honey-Glazed Ham Breakfast Sandwiches
Turn leftover honey-glazed ham into a savory breakfast sandwich by using buttermilk biscuits, arugula and honey Dijon mustard.
Yield: 10-12 biscuit sandwiches
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
8 tablespoons butter, cold, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
3/4 cup buttermilk, plus more for brushing
12 slices honey-glazed ham
1 jar honey Dijon mustard
2 cups baby arugula
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together into a bowl.
3. Cut in the butter using a pastry blender or your hands until it's the texture of coarse crumbs.
4. Make a well in the center, and add the buttermilk.
5. Use your hands to fold the dry ingredients into the buttermilk until a sticky dough forms.
6. Turn out onto a floured surface, and gather it into a rectangle.
7. Press dough until the rectangle is 1/2-inch thick.
8. Dust a round 3-inch cookie cutter with flour, then carefully cut out the biscuits.
9. Chill in the fridge for 20 minutes, then place each biscuit on a parchment-lined baking sheet, at least 1 inch apart.
10. Brush tops with buttermilk. Bake for 25 minutes until tops are golden brown.
11. Slice each biscuit horizontally, and arrange on a platter with ham, Dijon and baby arugula. Let guests assemble their own sandwiches.
Pear-Filled Swedish Pancakes With Lavender-Infused Honey Recipe
These rolled pancakes are paired with sweet pears and floral-infused honey that add a flavorful twist to the traditional holiday breakfast.
Jam-Filled Danish Doughnut Recipe
Create a festive display on your breakfast table with a towering tree-shaped stack of Danish doughnuts. Turn this traditional pancake into a flavorful treat by filling them with unique preserves.
Cheddar Chive Muffins With Hard-Boiled Egg
Delight your family with a hearty, savory muffin with a hard-boiled egg tucked inside.
How to Create a Holiday Bellini Bar
Make the morning merry with a winter-inspired bar cart featuring a bellini station and winter fruits.
Homemade Eggnog Recipe
Raise a glass and toast the seasonal by serving this truly traditional holiday eggnog. Serve the non-alcoholic base with your favorite spirit on the side, if desired.
Chocolate Christmas Cookies Recipe
Incorporate unsweetened cocoa powder into a classic Christmas sugar cookie recipe to get a chocolate-dough variation.
Easy Gingerbread Dough Recipe
This sturdy dough is perfect for gingerbread architecture during the holiday season.
Christmas Sugar Cookies Recipe
Make classic sugar cookies in your favorite holiday shapes with just six basic ingredients.
Chocolate and Candied Orange Christmas Cookies Recipe
Dress up a basic chocolate cookie dough recipe for the holidays by adding candied orange.
Set Up a Holiday Hot Chocolate Bar
During the winter offer guests an alternate sundae station by creating a hot chocolate bar. Set out toppings like whipped cream, chocolate chips and peppermints so they can create the ultimate holiday treat.
We're serving up the latest news, gorgeous style, crafty DIY projects, clever entertaining tips and more. Consider these your design digests.