Gruyere Potato Gratin Recipe
This delicious potato gratin dish serves up the perfect comfort food for two.
Yield: 2 servings
2 pounds large red potatoes
1 1/2 cups coarsely grated Gruyere
2 large eggs
2 cups milk, heated just to boiling
salt and freshly-ground black pepper
1. Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Butter a 1 1/2-quart gratin or shallow baking dish.
3. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil.
4. Peel potatoes and cut into thin slices (about 1/8-inch thick).
5. Add potatoes to boiling water and par cook for 4 minutes.
6. Drain potatoes well in a colander.
7. Arrange potatoes in gratin or baking dish, overlapping them, in three layers, sprinkling first two layers each with a third of Gruyere and salt and pepper.
8. In a small bowl whisk eggs and add hot milk in a stream, whisking.
9. Season mixture with salt and pepper and pour evenly over potatoes.
10. Sprinkle potatoes with remaining cheese and bake 30 minutes, or until top is golden and potatoes are tender.
Irish Stout Pancake Recipe
These pancakes get their distinct flavor from stout. Serve it for breakfast this St. Patrick's Day.
Homemade Shamrock Marshmallow Recipe
Serve these festive shamrock marshmallows with your Irish coffee or hot cocoa for St. Patrick's Day, or skip the green food coloring to enjoy them any time of year. Try our no-cook version, too!
Irish Nacho Dip Recipe
Serve this delicious dip — flavored with stout beer — for St. Patrick's Day.
Salted Stout Caramel Popcorn Recipe
Hearty stout lends a flavorful kick to the homemade caramel coating on this crunchy-meets-salty snack.
Naked Rainbow Layer Cake Recipe
Spread the luck, and celebrate this St. Patrick's Day with a naked rainbow layer cake.
Chocolate Stout Cake Pop Recipe
The surprise ingredient in these festive cake pops is stout beer.
Dark Chocolate Stout Mini Pie Recipe
You can make these cute mini pies using a cupcake pan.
Bloody Rosemary Cocktail Recipe
Add a twist to the classic Bloody Mary cocktail by adding stout and Irish whiskey.
Dublin White Cheddar Potatoes O'Brien Recipe
Wake up your taste buds the day of St. Paddy's Day (or morning after) with an Irish-inspired potato recipe that's filled with vegetables, meat and cheese.
Stout-Braised Short Ribs Recipe
Nothing goes hand in hand quite like Guinness and St. Patrick's Day. This hearty entree braises the meat in stout beer for an exceptional, mouthwatering meal that's perfect for guests.
Found a living space you love in HGTV's Photo Library? Get the look in your own home with products from Wayfair.
We're serving up the latest news, gorgeous style, crafty DIY projects, clever entertaining tips and more. Consider these your design digests.